Tuesday 9 October 2012

Aims and context



For my FM3 creative project I am going to produce a short sequence from my imagine film ‘Deal with the Devil’. The genre is the gangster genre and I hope to use the codes and conventions. This is to appeal to my target audience of 16-25 year old males, who fit into demographic group E, my target audience have a particular interest to the gangster genre.

My aim will be to introduce the learning about the creation of meaning by micro features studied in FM1 to explore codes and conventions of the gangster genre.

In order to assist with this project I have been studying films such as ‘Reservoir Dogs’ and ‘The Godfather’.

I intend to direct the piece as well as write and edit the piece myself. I have looked at director Quentin Tarantino in his gangster films such as ‘Reservoir Dogs’ in particular I looked at the ‘ear scene’ in ‘Reservoir Dogs’ to help me get an idea of the kind of persona I want my characters to hold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment